Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have alot of green algea growing on my rock work. Will this be a problem or just another food source for my demasoni. If it is a problem, what should I do. Cut back the time the lights are on.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have the same situation in my tank. The only problem you might have is since there is a lot of algae, your water may be high in nitrates.

other than that, the demasoni is a vegatarian and will eat the algae. So if I were you, I wouldnt worry about it. Or get an algae eater that is compatible with what you have.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I would suggest setting a bristlenose plecostomus. I have 3 small ones in a 90g and they have completely cleaned my rock work and just about everything else in the tank. Even the glass is kept pretty clean. I have increased the time I keep my lights on to 14 hours just to make sure algae will continue to grow.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Green algae is no problem. I will help control nitrates, and provide a grazing source for your Demansoni. If it gets way out of control it is telling you there is a problem with your water chemistry.

Keeper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts