Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reached another milestone in my cichlidification. Last night I took the leap and reintroduced four of my biggest grown out fry (2 acei and 2 estherae around 1.25") back into the main tank. My first graduates! They seem to be doing great, especially the estherae who swim around in the open among the adults with no sign of fear. I think I'll wait a couple of days and add two more of each.

I have to admit that I was only able to find one of the acei, so this may only be a 75% success, but I haven't written the little guy off yet. I'm still hoping he's just shy and hiding out. Anyway, it's fun to see new juvies, born in the tank, back in their with the grownups.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
cool stuff mate, hope the little guys go well :thumb:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's always exciting when you grow out your first batch and add them back to the main tank!

Most of the time, it goes really well, and you're right in adding more than one at a time.

The only time I've ever had a problem with this is adding young ones back to the main tank when some of my more aggressive adults were trying to spawn. I was horrified to wake up to bits and pieces of a bunch of young Cynotilapia I'd added the night before. :eek:

I then learned NOT to add little ones when my crazy adults were spawning!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts