Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some baby auratas's. so if you seen my last post about how long will a female hold..
everything went sucessfull she held for about 2weeks it was her first pregnancy she had about 9-10. i also had a convict couple have about 50 babys for there first time to. so i am a proud grandfather at the moment. they are in a grow out tank. so any help will be great

:D :thumb:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You left the convicts in with the parents, though, right? You have the auratus alone in a tank?

Feed them crushed flake, whatever you're feeding the adults is fine.

I usually feed my fry Hikari First Bites for a couple of weeks, then switch them to crushed flake.

Kim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i didnt leave the convicts its been a day is it to late to put back. or what will happen with no parents
:(

·
Registered
36 Posts
cichlidaholic said:
You left the convicts in with the parents, though, right? You have the auratus alone in a tank?

Feed them crushed flake, whatever you're feeding the adults is fine.

I usually feed my fry Hikari First Bites for a couple of weeks, then switch them to crushed flake.

Kim
i first used halkari first bites but you dont need to. if you crush the flake between your fingers they will be able to eat it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I wouldn't house the convicts with the auratus. (I wouldn't house any other fry with auratus fry...) But I think it might be a bad move to put them back in with the parents at this point...

Kim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok you got me nervous i thought they might die. well i know what you meen with the auratas they fight each other all the time. and there only about a half inch but they seem not to mess wit the cons as of yet

thanks agian Nate :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
If they are in with the auratus fry, they aren't safe. You'd be surprised how vicious those little guys can be at a very young age.

Kim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i no what u mean. im ganna hope for the best this time and setup another 10g for the con babies . they should spawn agian within 3 or 4 weeks right

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yes, they will spawn every time you turn around.

You can leave the fry in with the parents unless you have other fish in the tank that will eat them. Pretty interesting behaviour to watch!

Kim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya she was taking care like a lion mom it was pretty crazy in there. but ya there is othere fish i have a jewel pair looks like there about to spawn. shes been in the clay pot for about a week now. whats your advice on them.

if you dont mind :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
What size tank are these two pairs in?

Anything else in there with them?

You may need to do some rearranging...Any empty tanks?

Kim

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I hatch baby brine shrimp for my fry for the first two weeks. Then New Life Spectrum "Grow" crushed up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there in a 30 not big at all. the good thing is i have each clay pot on each of the side's. so they have some distance between.

the fish in there are 1. zebra obliqie 1. female victorian not sure what kind 1. red zebra ob (small) 3. cons 3. jewels

the fish besides the cons and jewels dont get messed with but they all stay higher in the tank out of danger.

they will be moved soon, its just im moving so i dont want to setup the other 55g i have till i move. so hopefully everthing works out

heres a pic of the tank there in. i put more slate over the entrance's so they are pretty secluded. also put some of the short ground plants all around to provide hiding for the babies.
this pic is from about a month ago the day i first setup the tank

thanks punman i got some baby food for them and there doing great on it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts