·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Venustus

Bumble Bee

Mbamba?

not new, but my favorite fish of all, my 4" Acei

sorry the photos are kind of poor but i took them with my iphone.

also got a female Kenyi and a giant pleco today, but couldn't get a good picture of either.

every fish in the tank is between 4 and 6 inches. i also have red zebras, powder blue pindanis, yellow labs and a rainbow shark.

i'll shoot a youtube video in the next day or so.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kenyi (finally got a good pic)

the tank is a 50. the venestus is 2 years old and only 5". but you're right, i may not be able to keep him in there long term. i plan (hope) to have a 6 foot tank in the future.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice fish, I really like your acei. I want to get some in my tank, can you tell a little about them since you own one. Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very docile, not aggressive at all, but unlike my lab, none of the zebras or pindanis ever bother/chase it.

i had 7 until recently. i only have 2 after today.

everyone who sees the big one thinks its a blue hap because it has a more slender body and long snout, unlike my labs, pindanis, zebras, etc.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
full tank shot with new rock layout (sorry so cloudy)...

i rehomed all of my little ones tonight, so here's what's in there.

3 Yellow Labs
2 Red Zebras
2 Acei
2 Powder Blue Pindanis
1 Bumble Bee
1 Mbamba
1 Venustus
1 Jewel (coming out)
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Pleco

everything is 4"+ with many fish around 6".

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
switched to pool filter sand last night... water was still cloudy when i took these last night so sorry. crystal clear this morning.

my smaller acei

the new guy, chipokae

one of my zebras

took out the driftwood. filled it with rocks but i REALLY like that driftwood and would love to use it. don't know how much it's affecting PH. i've had it in there with them for months and they seem fine.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I got my rocks for 8-25¢/lb. at a landscape place.

WAY better than 2-2.50/lb for lace & holey rock at LFS.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is probably a really stupid question, but where did you get the large rocks?
The best place to get rocks IMO is to find a nice creek bed or river thats not to far from where you live and collect them yourself. They are free and you have a much larger selection so you can find exactly what you want. :thumb:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Again, this may be a stupid question, but are they safe to put into my tank, straight out of the creek? Well after rinsing them off

·
Registered
158 Posts
No. There is a section in the library on rocks. Pretty good info. I get mine from a land scape place, hills and from the beach. You have to clean them good, Land scape places are safer IMO.

·
Registered
162 Posts
YoungCrazyCatWoman said:
Again, this may be a stupid question, but are they safe to put into my tank, straight out of the creek? Well after rinsing them off
I rinse them and scrub of the dirt then add them to my tank. Never had a problem.

YoungCrazyCatWoman said:
Yeah those would be fine. It seems like they have a nice variety of sizes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts