Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after researching and posting I finally got the tank set up and stocked. I am new to African cichlids in all aspects. After posting a few threads and reading up I overcame the fear of my horrible tap water and started an African tank. I currently have a 29g with two calvus and 7 multies. I just wanted to say thank you to all the members that helped me on my new tank. :thumb: :fish:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats! Multies and Altos are two of my favorites. You will really enjoy them once they all settle in together. Post some pics when you get a chance........

Tom

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will get some pics later tonight. The original plan was to put them in a 29 with all black sand and a black back round but the fish I had in that tank spawned on me so I had to use one of my other 29s. I will snap some pics when the sun goes down.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Congrats Flipper. I have pretty much the same setup except a few more of each. Def an interesting tank to sit back and watch.

That has pretty much made decide what I am gonna do with my Mbuna tank here in the near future! :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xxbenjamminxx said:
Congrats Flipper. I have pretty much the same setup except a few more of each. Def an interesting tank to sit back and watch.

That has pretty much made decide what I am gonna do with my Mbuna tank here in the near future! :D
You know that statement there is one of the reasons I went with Tanganyika over Malawi. If I wanted color I would get rid of my ebjds and start a salt tank. I really enjoy watching fish interact with there surroundings.
Well here are a few shots. Any tips welcome(im a newbie so they are always welcome).
The whole tank shot. The heater and powerhead is being removed just have not done it yet.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well they seem to be getting adjusted well. When I came home from work all the multies were out and about and one of my calvus was stirring the pot a bit by taking one of the shells and forcing some multies out :lol: . Pretty interesting group of fish.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got them from cichlidstore. They were very friendly and seeked my ad out in the trading post and informed me they had some stock. I did post in reviews on my experience with them. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A few more shots . They have really settled in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, well done, your tank looks great, the Multies look very happy in there, wait till they move all the sand and bury shells etc, have fun watching :fish:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.