Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have finally moved my fish over to there new home and they have settled in. I currently have a group of 4 F1 Black Calvus, and a colony of I think 18 Multi Shell dwellers in there.

I am hoping to get pair if not a trio out of the Calvus and am thinking of splitting up the multis and try to get another breeding colony of them going. Do you guys think this would be a dumb idea? Should I just leave them all together?

These are my first Tangs ever so any help on this and any other dumb questions I have would help a lot.

Here are a few pics of my fish with my el cheapo camera but better than nothing, Enjoy!

Multis

The Calvus

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bodenhimer

They are in a 26g bow front. They Calvus are still small, about an inch to 1.5 inches.

londonloco

I will work on a full tank shot after supper. Got food on the grill and corn on the cob boiling. :wink:

·
Registered
299 Posts
xxbenjamminxx said:
...18 Multi Shell dwellers in there...am thinking of splitting up the multis and try to get another breeding colony of them going. Do you guys think this would be a dumb idea? Should I just leave them all together?
Not dumb at all. I always have an area in my multi tank that is separated with rock for the "outcasts". When I have 2 or 3 living in shells in this area, I set up a new tank for them, or add them to another tank. I've done this 2x and have been successful.

I have a 26g bow I'm going to rescape for some Chalinochromis brichardi I recently purchased. I'm interested in the fts to see how you've scaped it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts