Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well one of my new juvie red zebras seemd to have come down with bloat as it was displaying all of the classic symptoms. I do not have a hospital tank so I decided to treat with met mostly to prevent the other fish from getting sick. IT has been a week and the little guy is eating again and swimming normally. He or she is back to chasing the other juvies and seems much better. I also switched regular NLS to NLS thera. I am going to do a water change today and keep up the met treatment for another couple of days. Guess I got lucky :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
40,504 Posts
Metronidazole does a great job. :thumb: Why did the fish become ill? Don't forget to solve the root cause of the problem, so it doesn't happen again. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might have been stress related I did a lot of changes to the tank, all water parameters are good plus it was a relitive new fish keeping an eye on things and checking regularly. All other fish are healthy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update all fish are doing well I did a water Sunday hit them with another does of Met yesterday. I think I am going to do one more Met treatment tomorrow then waite a day and add the chemical filtration to the filters to get rid of the Met. All water paramiters are good fish are all eating well. They are mad at me today because it is theri weekly fasting day LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts