Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the LFS today looking for Rusties, to my surprise they had a few (been looking for weeks) I said gimme all you got. After he netted them all, six in total he showed them to me in the bags and there was 1 I was skeptical about. It was very dull and uncolored so I figured it was stressed or female, I was kinda in a hurry (my sons b-day today) so i said I'll take them all. After getting home and being in the tank for a while it colored up some and now I don't know what it is. Defiantly not a rusty like the other 5.

This is what the Rusties look like

And this is what I have questions about : What is it first of all and second do I need to get it out of my tank?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't think it's an electric blue as it's grey and black with a yellow streak across it's top fin. I agree that the body shape appears to be a Hap perhaps it's a hybrid of an electric blue and something else.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
jschwab45212 said:
I wouldn't think it's an electric blue as it's grey and black with a yellow streak across it's top fin. I agree that the body shape appears to be a Hap perhaps it's a hybrid of an electric blue and something else.
Juveniles and females are this colour. Scieanochromis fryeri is correct.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the ID.

Think it will be OK in my tank or does it need to go back to the LFS?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts