Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my lfs today and picked up a pair of cons, the female is a pink con, shes got a faint red patch on the side, the male is normal in color. Both are about 1 1/2 in long. They paired up in the store tank and sincee bringing them home they are constantly side by side, the male already staked out a rock and is courting the female....will probably have eggs soon! Haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im curious as to how the fry will turn out. Will they all look like a normal con? Or will there be any pink fry?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Actually you will get pink and striped. The marble gene in the pink Con is very rare, so most likely you wont see any marbles.

...Bill

·
Registered
406 Posts
MonteSS said:
Actually you will get pink and striped. The marble gene in the pink Con is very rare, so most likely you wont see any marbles.

...Bill
Ok I stand corrected. I thought mixing a pink and black con was how you get the marbled convicts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, thats neat there will be two colors of fry. Im looking forward to them spawning! Aother question I have is it typical for male cons to have a lot of blue on their gill plates? I googled pics of male cons and that didnt seem to be the case, I also looked up hondoran red points and they looked like they had more blue. Ill try and get a pic up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts