Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to this forum and I've really been interested in cichlids for quite some time now. I've kept German Blue Rams, and currently keep an angelfish and Neolamprologus multifasciatus. I was wondering if there are any good tank mates for an angelfish? I have a 29 gallon tank which I plan on planting with live plants. The tank has been running for about 3-4 years. My angelfish is generally only aggressive when she lays eggs. Thank you in advance for all the help!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
29g is pretty small for an Angel. I think a pair or trio of apistos would work well.

...Bill

G

·
Bolivian rams work nice I have five of them in with my pair of angels in a 40g. In a 29 gallon I would only do a pair or trio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about Apistogramma cacatuoides? I've read that they are relatively peaceful, and they are sooooo pretty.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yes, Cacs would work well. 1m and 2 female.

...Bill

·
Banned
178 Posts
FinFan95 said:
What about Apistogramma cacatuoides? I've read that they are relatively peaceful, and they are sooooo pretty.
Yes Apistos would work, my apistos aren't aggressive at all but I've seen some that are very aggressive, and 29 gallon is not too small for 1 angelfish IMO. Even if you end up with Apistos that are aggressive they probably won't bother the angel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts