Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 29 gal tank with a 2.5 inch convict and 2.5 inch salvini. I wanted to put another cichlid in with them. Both of them are pretty aggressive. I was thinking either between a Firemouth or green terror. Also when the fish do get bigger i will move them into a 55 gal. thanks for the help and input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delay. I was just really busy lately. I think that you guys are right I will just keep those two cichlids. I was wondering if you guys knew what fish would do best. I would really like a scavenger or algae eating type but i am not too fond of plecos. I was thinking about corys but i have read about some mixed results. Thank you guys for the help. I am pretty knew to keeping cichlid and really appreciate the help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How big does it get? Bc i am looking for something that doesnt exceed 6-7", or small active fish that school that is why I was wondering about corys. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do silver dollars grow fast? I know that is pretty hard question to answer.

Do males really get that agressive? I think that it is a male but it is starting to develop a black blotch on its dorsal fin, but i will hold judgment on that until it gets a little bigger...I am really hoping it is a female though, because size is a little bit more manageable and I have read they are more brighter, and now after what you said their temper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah my plan is to move them into a 55 or hopefully a 75 gallon tank when my finances are a little better but it probably will not be until next summer. I will be looking though in the mean time on craigslist. Sometimes you get lucky and find that someone is doing a fire sale and liquidating his assets. That is why i was asking if they grow quickly. To see if i could have them there before everyone got too big.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea my salvini especially during feeding time gets real nasty towards the convict...and sometimes i find the salvini almost hunting the convict creeping up on it and then striking...but I love my salvini it is an amazing fish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.