Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fish decided to have babies and I need a place to put them. I've got a 120 gallon that I use as my main tank but I've pulled the mom into a 10 gallon where she's realeased about 40+ fry.

I am going to let these guys grow out in my 50 gallon tank for a couple months then get them to a pet store or something.

Problem is I dont have enough filtration and heaters to run the 120, the 50 and the 10 (for the mother to recover in for at least a week).

So, naturally I went to craigslist and found this package for 50 bucks. Question to everyone is... is this a good deal? I'd probably resell the 33 gallon tank almost immdeiatly. That or the 50 that I've got... I dont need 4 tanks. I primarilly like just having the 120 running and nothing else but this has sprung up on me.

Selling a 33 gallon aquarium with all accessories including:
- lighted lid
- plastic plants
- multi-coloured gravel
- 2 glass heaters
- Aquaclear 500 power filter
- Aquaclear 150 power filter
- 3 fake rocks

All for 50 bucks... Good deal?

·
Registered
663 Posts
IF everything works its definitely a good deal. You would spend alot more than that on those filters alone. Check to make sure the filters are in good shape.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Eb0la11 said:
So my fish decided to have babies and I need a place to put them. I've got a 120 gallon that I use as my main tank but I've pulled the mom into a 10 gallon where she's realeased about 40+ fry.

I am going to let these guys grow out in my 50 gallon tank for a couple months then get them to a pet store or something.

Problem is I dont have enough filtration and heaters to run the 120, the 50 and the 10 (for the mother to recover in for at least a week).

So, naturally I went to craigslist and found this package for 50 bucks. Question to everyone is... is this a good deal? I'd probably resell the 33 gallon tank almost immdeiatly. That or the 50 that I've got... I dont need 4 tanks. I primarilly like just having the 120 running and nothing else but this has sprung up on me.

Selling a 33 gallon aquarium with all accessories including:
- lighted lid
- plastic plants
- multi-coloured gravel
- 2 glass heaters
- Aquaclear 500 power filter
- Aquaclear 150 power filter
- 3 fake rocks

All for 50 bucks... Good deal?
That is an awesome deal....Is it local or is there shipping charges to add on?? You could always get your $$ back bt reselling the filters and accesories.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you guys think I could get back for selling the tank with lighting hood, colored gravel and fake plant?

Ie: I'd keep the heaters and filters.

I wonder if I could make my money back?

it is local so no shipping fees. Would stop by there tonight if I were to purchase it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me :thumb: You could sell the tank if you wish to recover some if all the cost for the tank etc.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I ended up going to check out the offer yesterday.

He had been storing the tank in an unheated shed outside during this past winter so it has a bit of wear and tear on it but all in all its a pretty dang good tank.

I might have to reseal it just for my own peace of mind, but it did withstand the test of filling the sucker up and seeing if it leaked.

It came with an aquaclear 500 which is in perfect working condition. It's already hooked up to my 50 gallon tank and has some established media in it and its running to get some more developed.

It also had two heaters, one that I dont think works sadly, and a couple other pieces of junk basically. I got some really poor fake plants that I'll probably throw out, some plastic rocks and a couple other trinkets.

I got the whole lot for 45 bucks though.

The best part is that the tank is drilled! I was surprised when I saw that. It's well sealed and capped off but I could definitely make use of a drilled tank.

I think I can reseal it, fix the busted glass that covers the canopy light and clean it up a bit and it'd be worth like 100 bucks easy. So I'd make money and have a free aquaclear 500 to put on my 120 gallon tank once all this fiasco is over from these baby livingstons that forced me to do all this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts