Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a 150 gal tank, stock with about 40 cichlids of differing varieties, and 3 upside down syno cats. The algae eater looked terrible in the last couple of weeks, brown spots, to faded healed spots, and over all a thinning, sickly looking fish and I knew the time was coming soon for this poor guy. Well I woke up this morning and did not see him anywhere, and knew that if I closely examined my tank for him, I knew what the outcome was going to be. Well sure enough, there he was on the bottom between two lava rocks and half eaten, I mean, disembowed right down to the ribs. First off, my question is, was it the cichlids that killed him? or was it the syno cats. Which fish would have ate him, picked him clean like that? My cichlids never really attacked the guy, not that I have seen, so what or who could have been the cuprits?

:-?

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
fish eat dead fish... I've seen tetras pick at a dead fish. I have no doubt that your cichlids icked him clean.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well a few years ago, my Dempsey ate my algae eater all of a sudden. There were no prior signs of aggresession towards the CAE. I guess 1 day the cichlid just had enough and cracked. What type of cichlids do you own?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.