Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've completely fallen in love with my Yellow Murago tropheus, and have been researching tankmates. I only have 8 juvies now, but will purchase another 18 or so next time they're available at the LFS.

If I do go forward with a plan to put them with tankmates it would be in a 6 footer, if not they'll end up in a 100 gallon by themselves.

My first choice would be Gobies, the LFS has some "makombe" but I want some that contrast better with my Yellow Murago's.

I'm wondering how often Eretmodus cyanostictus (Isanga) or Eretmodus cyanostictus (Kasanga) are available in the fish trade. I know it varies on location, but I was curious if people ever see them. Anybody have other suggestions on Gobie variants that would go well with my trophs?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I keep these guys with my trophs

Tanganicodus Irsacae "Moba". Not really sure about the availability of the others.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
frank1rizzo said:
I currently keep a trio of Kasanga with my trophs.

I had a few kigoma but I sold them off. I wasn't happy with their colors.
I read that Eretmodus pairs off for breeding, are yours breeeding?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I heard that the best gobies are Eretmodus and spathodus because they eat mainly algae so they're good with tropheus, as opposed to tanganicodus which eats more shrimp and crustaceans.
You can see the difference in facial structure, but it houldnt really matter

I would say, go for the ones with stripes

Any pictures of the murago? They're one of my favourites

·
Registered
189 Posts
Can't offer any advice here but I would like to see some pics. as looking for some gobies soon :fish:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts