Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

As the title states, im wondering whichwould looks best? I know its my preference, but I don't wanna spray the outside of the tank, fill it with water and not like the look. Will the matte show up glossy because of the glass and water anyways? Any personal experience/pictures would be a great help. I'm going with the CaribSea zack black and all texas holey rock if that helps.

Thanks, Pat

·
Banned
406 Posts
Doesnt matter, both will look shiny when view through the front of the glass. Between the two go with matte, it will dry quicker.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I actually just painted my back of my tank yesterday using Rustoleum Gloss Black, i LOVE It.. Even if i didn't like it i have 3D backgrounds that go inside of the tank so i can always cover up the black.. Why not do that? I personally think the ones you tape onto the back look cheap and crappy.

I do believe however that using matte or gloss will give you the same result because of the glass and water, but i wasn't 100% sure so i did gloss and am happy with it.. I'll be posting pics once the water clears a bit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, ill go with the matte then if it come out glossy anyways.

A 3D BG would be nice, but I'm trying to keep it simple cause this is my first tank. Plus its a 55gal so its not the most spacious of tanks, maybe a slim 3d down the line? :fish:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just painted mine and ran out of gloss so I finished the other half of the tank with some matte I had and you can't see the difference when looking into the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts