Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was to buy a wooden canopy will I have to purchase a glass/plastic canopy with a light fixture to place it underneath?

·
Registered
133 Posts
If I'm understanding your question, I think it depends. My AGA 75 didn't come with a canopy, but had standard AGA lights and plastic on top. When I purchased my canopy from AGA, it fit perfectly over my lights without the need to change anything. Later, when I upgraded to a Coralife 4x65w fixture, that too fit very well under the canopy. My current 180G project tank has a wood canopy and glass tops, but it's much different in function and style than my 75. I'm going to have to get blocks of wood and drill into the canopy to get decent lighting.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
So I guess the answer to your question is :

Different canopies are designed differently... it depends on which design you have...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
In my Oceanic, I have a glass top to reduce evaporation with a light on top and a canopy that covers all of that from sight. I would not use the canopy without the glass top mostly for evaporation and temperature reasons . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.