Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is Ginger. She is two years old. For 3 months she’s had this white spot on her fin. A week ago it was almost completely gone! Now it’s getting bigger. I’ve tried two different medications, and no luck. She seems to be a happy and healthy fish. A great appetite! Anyone know what it could be? I do a partial water change every week. Her water tests are always good (even before the water change) I have aquarium salt in her water too (measured) I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong 😑 hopefully someone knows what this is and knows how to cure it. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She’s a red devil cichlid. Her tank size is a 46 gallon. She’s the only one in the tank, has been for two years. I do a 30% partial water change every week. I will stop the salt!! Thank you soooo much! I just noticed a white spot on her bump too. I was wondering if she maybe scraped it going in and out of her cave. She moves all the stone out of it to lay her eggs every month lol you think that could be a calcium buildup also???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I definitely will get her a bigger tank! We’ve been talking about it for awhile now ☺ Her 46 gallon looks bigger, because it’s tall and wide (so she can turn around easily) She sure would appreciate a much bigger one!! Thank you so much for your advice 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TetraCichlid floating cichlid floating sticks 6 or 10 a day. She’s super picky spits out a lot of different foods. She loves these floating sticks tho. Once in awhile those frozen bloodworms. She always begs for food, but I stay strong and don’t give in. The more they eat the more they poop which would be acidity water so…..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes lol she is a spoiled brat that’s for sure lol she has had earthworms, crickets and grasshoppers before (my son caught them and gave them to her) she like those

1 - 5 of 5 Posts