Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting 2 oscars for a 120 gallon tank and i have acouple questions so please help me if you know. First is do they like natural sunlight. can i put the tank under windows that get sun basicallay all day. please let me kno if i shouldnt do this. Also i would really like to know what other fish i should put in. I think i was going to look into acouple different cichlids and start the tank off with about ten fish total is that okay? and maybe a plecko to ha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tank dimesnsions are 60' llong 24' high without stand and 1.5 inches deep. And you would go with only one oscar for this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
1.5 inches deep lmao

i would personally go wit 1 oscar and maybe some firemouths or convicts a pleco and even acaras

or an oscar ebjd or jd and gt with a pleco
i personally wouldnt have the tank near a window in direct sunlight as u will have alot of algae growing which is annoying but thts up to u

gl with the tank

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sticking to one Oscar is due to the fact that it's near impossible to sex them and ensure you have a pair.

1. If you get 2 males... it'll work for a while but then one is almost certainly going to tear up the other when they reach maturity. (I've had this happen and it's not cool if you truly care for your fish)
2. If you get 2 females... it'll work for a while and you might get lucky enough that they will tolorate each other.
3. If you get lucky and get a pair... please reference #2 :lol:

Oscars although relatively gentle for fish that will eat anything that fits, really enjoy "their" space. Putting 2 in a tank is risky. If you insist on it (I have in the past so I can appriciate your freedom), expect the worst and have alternatives for one of the oscars (i.e back to the fish store, another 50+ Gallon Tank that one of the pair can move to).

Just my thoughts by the way. I wish you well with whatever you decide

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.