Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions...I'm sure they asked and answered at this forum. But i couldn't find. The questions are;

1-)Can geophagus OH be a tank mate with geophagus altifrons?
2-)Can geophagus OH be a tank mate with green terror?
3-)Can geophagus OH be a tank mate with uaru amphiacanthoides?

My tank capacity is ~107 G. I have 6 Geop. OH at 3". I want to add 2 or 4 altifrons, 2 uaru and 1 or 2 green terror. I know, GT is GT. But maybe someone has a positive experience about Geophagus with GT.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Are you meaning orange head geos by OH? If so I have 8 red head geos in a 150g tank with 5 Geo surinamensis, 2 port acaras and 4 angels. My geos are all still young but I have had no problems so far. I don't know much about uaru so I can't comment on that. I've had several GT's, I personally would not risk my geos with a GT. They seem ok until they hit a certain size and then they live up to their names. Geos are generally peaceful so I don't think I'd take the chance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for answer shef.I will add 4 Altifrons 2 uarus and 2 GT's at 107G geophagus OH (orangehead) tank. I thing The GT will give me a break to watch over before the golden shot when it will hit a certain size..

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I would not ad the Gold saums.

What are the dimensions of your tank? Length by width by hieght. In my opinion 107 gallons may be suitable for 6 orange head geos with some tetras, but I wouldn't have any other medium or large cichlids in with them.

There is a significant difference between 107 gallons and 150 gallons. I used to keep 6 orange head geos and 4 laetacara curviceps, and quite a few tetras in a 150 gallon tank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DeadFishFloating said:
I would not ad the Gold saums.

What are the dimensions of your tank? Length by width by hieght. In my opinion 107 gallons may be suitable for 6 orange head geos with some tetras, but I wouldn't have any other medium or large cichlids in with them.

There is a significant difference between 107 gallons and 150 gallons. I used to keep 6 orange head geos and 4 laetacara curviceps, and quite a few tetras in a 150 gallon tank.
Yes, you are right about lower tank volume. I will buy a larger tank at future. I gave up to add GT. Thanks for all answers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts