Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever keep these red humps before? I am thinking about picking one up for my cichlid community tank next week. I think it would be a nice addition.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a relative. G. Pellegrini. the Steindachneri and all relatives are among the toughest of the Geos and can be quite territorial. But no doubt beautiful.

What is the rest of the inhabitants in the tank? How large akvarium do you have?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A bunch of juveniles right now since this is a fairly new tank, I have a cutteri, keyhole, rainbow and buffalo head in the tank right now, all roughly in the 2" size give or take 1/2 an inch, the red hump is in the same size range so I'm pretty confident everyone will get along.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
bpman25 said:
A bunch of juveniles right now since this is a fairly new tank, I have a cutteri, keyhole, rainbow and buffalo head in the tank right now, all roughly in the 2" size give or take 1/2 an inch, the red hump is in the same size range so I'm pretty confident everyone will get along.
Mmm don't know about that. I have some concern for the keyhole, as its' adult size will be much smaller than the other species, and they are a real mellow cichlid. Also not a fan of mixing cichlids from different continents.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything is going fine so far, the keyhole seems to have established himself as #3 in the tank ahead of the rainbow with the Cutteri and Buffalo Head vying for dominant in the tank. Not sure the keyhole will be any smaller than the others when reaching adulthood but I have another tank just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts