Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm brand new to this forum and to cichlids in general. My boyfriend had a 55 gal Malawi set up before we made our 300 mile move a couple years ago. We recently purchased a 75 gal. tank and are considering different options for stocking it. I really have taken a liking to Orange Heads and Bolivian Rams but am unsure if they would be compatible with each other. If they are, I was thinking like 4 Orange Heads and 4-6 Rams. What other types of fish would do well in this set up?

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
178 Posts
On second thought 4 tapajos would be ok in a 75, I read your post fast and saw 55.....sorry. I would just make sure you have lots of hiding spots for the Bolivians so you dont have any aggression issues. I would also go with maybe a larger species of corydoras.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Geos do better in groups than in pairs. The more the merrier. They are both fairly mellow species, my concern would be that they kind of occupy the same space in the tank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much everyone! I'll keep those things in mind. I guess mainly where I was confused was the conflicting information I was getting off the internet from different websites. Some said tapajos are pretty peaceful for cichlids and could be kept with smaller fish while other sources said they are your typical aggressive/territorial cichlid. I was just hoping to get some opinions from people with real experience. Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I think that sounds good. As said they all take up the same space. I never had orange heads but I know the Bolivians squabble a bunch. I think only one male of each species may work.

A pair of Angels and some Tetras would be nice in the mid to upper water.

....Bill

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have angels and severums with my tapajos, they never bother each other, but they also don't share the same space.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts