Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are two juvies from a breeding pair that a LFS has in my area. I bought two today because I really liked their parents and I am getting a 125g, which will free up one of my 55g's. They are labelled as Brazillian Geophagus, and while the male of the breeding pair resembles G. brasiliensis a little, he seems more blue/green than the pictures I have seen. Also the owner of the LFS claims they are mouth brooders, not substrate spawners like G. brasiliensis. I should also note that the femal is about the size of fully grown female convict, while the male is 8"-10". I first observed them 6 months ago, and haven't been back in the shop until a week ago, and neither has changed in size so they seem to be fully grown at these sizes.

This is a bigger pic:

http://chef.iodized.net/Fish/Geo/IMG_0555.JPG

Sorry about the dirty glass, I need to clean that!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Could you get a picture of the parents at the LFS?

It is often difficult to ID juvenile geophagus as many juveniles of different species look very similar.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought of that, but the owner is a little crazy. He's foreign and doesn't seem to really understand American business practices (i.e. he's rude to customers, questions why you want to buy things, and is all around pretty unfriendly). I really don't know how he'd react to me even asking to take a picture, let alone taking one. I don't want to chance it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Use a cell phone and take one quick while hes not looking :p LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts