Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
So I guess, to summarize~use GE Silicone I Window & Door in the blue tube as a first choice~GE Silicone II as a slightly less desireable option.
:)

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
I would imagine scraping all the exposed silicone away and recoating w/ the Window & Door version of I or II would be fine as the new silicone should keep any harmful agents from the "bad" silicone to leach through.
Good Luck :)

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Hmmm, should only take 48 hours unless you used a very thick amount in certain areas :-?

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Yet another question about silicone .... is it necessary to flush out the tank and do a few water changes after it is cured?
Not necessary but I always do a "test-fill" for leaks and this will also rinse out any debris in the tank. Once silicone is cured it's good-to-go (as long as it's the correct type).

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Scott, the GE Silicone I Window & Door is just fine for aquariums, I've used it without any trouble on various applications.
Michael, the black sealant is just black-colored 100% silicone, it's also available in GE Silicone I.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
If it releases the ammonia during the cure, after that, shouldn't it be safe??
Yes :) I'd still recommend GE I over GE II, it seems to have a slightly better adhesion.
1000's have been using ge silicone 1 for years without problems. how much more do we need do dwell on before we start asking for the caramel secret....
(isn't there enough proof to lay this to rest)
Well put Mars23, just let it go...................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts