1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PARTS NEEDED

6x: 3/4" 90° elbows
1x: 3/4" end cap
1x: 10ft section of 3/4" PVC pipe (I choose gray because I didnt like the idea of painting the white PVC pipe)
1x: 8ft of 1" I.D. (inner diamter) hose
4x: 3/4" - 1 1/2" hose clamps

I made my spray 36" long. You can make it whatever size you want. I spaced the holes 1" apart and the holes are 1/8" diameter. There are 26 holes total.

SPRAYBAR

You cant see it but theres a 3" section of 3/4" PVC joining the 2 90° elbows together

End cap

INTAKE

I had to sand down the tip of the pipe so that the FX5 intake strainer will fit. Just take your time and remove material slowly!

Theres really no reason to make an intake. I made it just so it would match the spraybar and I because I had left over scrap pieces to make it.

Youtube video of it running:

·
Banned
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
randall495 said:
what is this good for what is the reason i am new with cichlids any help would be great thank you
I made it so it could agitate the waters surface. I have an 11" glass brace in the center in my tank and when I used the FX5 output nozzle it wouldnt move the water on the other side of brace.

Also it gets the poop pushed towards my intake. :D

·
Banned
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After months of trying to find black PVC I finally found it and its being delivered tomorrow.

The gray is ok but under my lighting it doesnt blend into very well w/ my black background...I made another spraybar w/ white PVC, prep / painted it with Krylon fusion and even letting it cure for WEEKS it still chipped very easily.

I'll post some pics once I get it made.......

·
Registered
642 Posts
Nice job.

I made one too but I used a tee in the middle(one side of the brace actually) and then two spray bars to each side. One is a bit longer due to the center brace. I have 19 or 20- 1/8" holes and I've been wondering how much I'm restricting the flow. It's plenty as is but I wonder if I should drill some more holes.

I didn't make an inlet though I've wondered about building a y-type arrangement and have two inlets. I doubt I'll go through with it on this tank but might try it down the line. I wonder if anybody has tried it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts