Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Further to my previous post titled '2 weeks into cycle', for which I am still grateful for the advice given, it was suggested that when I introduce fish I post some pics or a video (see link below):

As you can see the 2 offending culprits are a couple of Peacocks, i'll see how they settle over the next couple of weeks and keep a close eye that the water remains stable before adding a whole raft of tank mates at which time i'll post another video.

Hope you like it and always appreciate any comments and advice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nice set-up.

All the best...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Very nice! Can't wait to see the rest of your stock.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yeah the tank looks great! Can't wait to see it after its been up and running for a while. Will that rock get covered in algae too? Or does it always stay bright like that? Just always see it in pics and dont know if ppl are cleaning it all the time or if algae wont grow on it.

Wish I had access to some of the holey rock up in my neck of the woods. I havent seen it at all around here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Benjammin thanks for the comment.

If i'm honest I kinda hope the rocks do get some algae on them because it is a new tank it all looks very clean and sterile at the moment and I would love a more authentic look.I have tried to acheive a natural environment for the inhabitants as opposed to thinking about the people gazing into the tank i.e. the rocks do hide the fish a lot but watching them swim in and out of the caves is so rewarding as opposed to watching them just swim in big open spaces, yes you get to see them more if the tank is half empty but it's not nearlly as intersting.

I just now need to get the perfect balance of species, colours and shapes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts