Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one cichlid that has been skating the glass for about a week and not sure what is wrong with him. today I noticed on his fins beside his gills there are a couple patches of white would it be a fungus? or ick? or what. and the best remedy?

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hard to tell from your picture but I'm assuming it's the white bump on his side. That's not ick. Ick looks more like grains of salt. That bump is probably from scratching against a rock or the gravel. My fish get that once in awhile and usually clears up after a couple days. But have to maintain excellent water quality or it could become an issue.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Tried to edit my previous post but I guess I couldn't. I see what you're talking about after re-reading your post. The cotton looking growth by the gills and pectoral fins, right? Definitely not ick and could be fungal. The question is why or what caused it? Check your water parameters and make sure they are good first before treating with any meds. A lot of times doing daily water changes will take care of the situation. Other than that maybe someone else will chime in with a good medication. But excellent water quality is the first priority.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do a daily water test and all my tests are saying gh 180 kh 180 ph 8.0 no2 0 no3 10. my last water change was about 20% and that was 3 days ago and he has been glass surfing for about a week. all other fish act normal besides my catfish he hides during the day and he keeps following the cichlid around at night... I don't know what's going on but it's stressing me out. all I do is worry about my pretty baby.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he won't hold still and my water change for the fungus is tomorrow. last day of treatment for the fungus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts