Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I moved my female yellow lab into a fry net on day 30 figuring she would spit any day. Once I got her in there she spit right away probably due to stress of me catching her. She then immediately went around and scooped all of them back into her mouth. Should I just leave her be now in the net still holding? Or should I intervene. This is her first and my first time so I'm not sure what to do. She hasn't eaten now in almost 5 weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
That is up too you. I have been stripping them as it isnt as hard as you think it is. I just take about a 3 inch piece of airline tubing and cut it off on an extreme angle leaving me with a point. Use that to hold the mouth open in a big bowl of tank water making sure to not cover the gills and using the littlest amount of pressure to hold her and watch the fry swim out. Sometimes I may have to dunk her in and out of the water but usually in a minute or so its done and over with.

I would base your decision on the condition of the female. If she is looking really thin and frail then maybe go ahead and strip her. If not you can wait a few more days. Check the Library for the video on how to strip too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She looks fine. Doesn't look any thinner than when I first saw her holding. Think I will probably give her a few more days.

·
Super Moderator
40,882 Posts
She may be unhappy about spitting them in the net...feel they will be unsafe. Why not put her in the fry tank?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts