Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My Aulonocara rubescen has been holding.

Its been about 3 weeks, i 've put her in a tank of here own. today i noticed only 1 baby under a rock her mouth seems very full still. do they spit 1 at a time or has her eaten the rest.

she looks very thin and i did try to feed her but she refuse's...

What do I do :-?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would strip her as it says to do in the Library. It is not hard to do. Hold fish firmly, hold mouth open with fingernail and dip head in water to wash them out. It sounds much more difficult than it is.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just striped my first cichlid and i have loads of fry.

:dancing: :dancing: :fish: :dancing:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Congrats man!!

I was a little hesitant myself the first time, but now I just use a piece of airline tubing cut off on an extreme angle forming a point. Works good but still is flexible enough to not hurt the jaw of the fish. My biggest problem is holding the fish with the right amount of pressure I found holding it somewhat wrapped up in a net really help you keep your grip without too much pressure on the fish.

HTH's and once again Congrats! :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was a bit scary, first time holding a fish.

what do i feed these little ones

thanks for the nice comments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations!!! I also used the net trick on a different type of fish before. The tubing idea is great. I feed mine very finely crushed up flakes or i have a specific food that I got from LFS that is for cichlid fry. It takes very little to feed them. I wish you luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts