Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that fry grow literally 10 times faster in my UGF. Its happened 2 times now where one fry slips under when I'm taking mom out to strip her, at least that's when I assume they get out. And under there. Is it the constant food supply?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes under the ugf. Some how it squirms its way through the gravel and under there. The reason I thought to check for this is last time a few months back I had a leak in my tank after the whole tank was emptied for a week I took out thr ugf and low and behold a good size fish was under there. He is actually my show fish from that brood now. I call him the toxic avenger, biggest of all the brood. So this time, 2 weeks after mom was stripped I took a flash light under the tank and found one under there at least 8-10. Times the size as the rest at this point. So now I'm going to leave him under there for a while till it seems uncomfortable as an expirement to see if I should try to make this actually happen in the future. Growth rate is unbelievable. My photobucket isn't letting me login for some reason right now or I would show you.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
That's funny.
I had a similar thing happen a few years back. I was cleaning out my Eheim canister filter and there were THREE C.Moorii fry in there. Two of them survived. Now I can never just dump that water off the side of the deck like I use to--there might be someone in there.

Robin

·
Registered
702 Posts
Robin said:
That's funny.
I had a similar thing happen a few years back. I was cleaning out my Eheim canister filter and there were THREE C.Moorii fry in there. Two of them survived. Now I can never just dump that water off the side of the deck like I use to--there might be someone in there.

Robin
HAHA!! "someone in there" lol!!!

I'd better check mine too!!! :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts