Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 25 red zebra fry and 3 tiger barbs in a 10 gallon tank. The fry are about 2 months old now. I will be going away for 5 days. I’m debating whether I should get one of those feeder blocks that should last a few days or just not feed them until I get back. The other option would be to relocate the tank to a friend’s house until I get back. I have automatic feeders for my larger tanks. I know that some people leave their larger fish go for that long without feeding them and everything is fine but I did not know about the fry. I was worried that the fry do not have the larger body mass to sustain them without meals.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
They need feeding pretty often.
How far does your friend live from you........Offer him a carton of beer or a bottle scotch to come feed your fish for you :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!

The friends live about 5 minutes away. They have a fish tank already so they know how to take care of fish. Since the fry need to eat often I’ll take the tank up their house, it’s only a 10 gallon octagon so it should be easy to move. I’ll just empty about 6-7 gallons, relocate and refill. We used to have them come over to feed the fish but they just had twin babies and things are a little hectic now. That’s the reason I picked up automatic feeders for the larger tanks.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
That will be alright, it's like a big water change :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
dude 5 days without food WILL NOT kill your fish... they will be perfectly fine for that long... now i wouldnt go weeks and weeks without feeding but 5 days... they ARE wild animals and can survive through things you wouldnt beleive...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.