Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I was having an issue with one of my young WC Alto. compressiceps as shown here:
http://cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 80f1cd6887
Some people seemed to think that feeding all frozen food, even a varied diet, was bad for the fish. I'd love to switch them over to prepared but after starving them for a week and still not getting them to eat any kind of prepared foods I have grudingly went back to very light feedings of frozen food.
Question 1) Should I try harder to switch them over by taking away their frozen food even longer? I know fish can go a long time without eating but they are still young and growing and I don't want to interrupt their growth too much.
Question 2) If I continue with frozen food, what is the best and worst of what I offer - brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and krill.
Thanks,
Roy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and also forgot to mention that I feed small pieces of earthworms occasionally as well. So of those 4 foods, what would be most likely to cause problems like bloat?

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
They aren't getting any vitamins with straight protein foods. I'd keep trying to switch them over. From your list mysis and krill are best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts