Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love them, Is it possible in a 90 G? I will not be able to upgrade since it will be in a wall unit.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
You can try to put a trio and keep your fingers crossed. That tank dosen't give you the best chances of success, its probably a 50/50. If you get a relatively passive male, it could work. But keep in mind that it is risky.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just read the top asked questions and looks like it is really not recommended. Picking fish is much harder than I thought.

·
Registered
741 Posts
it can be done but like frank stated, you need to find a passive male.
i have a breeding trio in a 75g and thats only because my alpha only gets aggressive during mating cycle.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
What is the length of the tank?
that is more important vs. gallons.

I have 2 tanks that are 8 foot, but only 100 gallons.
I have a 6 foot 75.

So if you have a 6 foot 90, should not have any problems.
If it is a 5 foot 90, good chance you are OK.

If its a 4 foot 90, its about 20% chance of success.
Just not enough footprint for them to get out of each others way. It has been done, but usually got to be a passive male.

I have had males kill females in a 4 foot tank, beat them up in a 5 foot, but they are fine when moved to a 6 footer. Some males are fine in any tank.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have 2 tanks that are 8 foot, but only 100 gallons.
I have a 6 foot 75.
got pics of these tanks? i would love to see them.
i really like long tanks. *** seen a 60g that was 72x18wx12h.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you really want a front in a 4ft tank get ONE, and only one. It will be fine as long as you don't put in any hyper aggressive tankmates or ones that are small enough to become food.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes they do well with the majority of peacocks though some jakes can be a little aggressive. They also do well with aceis and yellow labs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts