Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
İ added 6 tropheus dobisies to my frontosa tank. There are 18 fronties at the same size.My tank contains algae and i m puzzled how to feed my fishes.ı was feeding my fronties with tetra discus foods now i also add some vegetable based foods to their diet. and i m also giving artemia to them. do you think this mixture of diet causes any problem especially artemia and tetra discus food.Thanks for your comments and advices.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, your trophs are pobably going to get bloat very soon. I hope you can get your hands on some metro...

Their (trophs) diet should consist of a high quality spirulina flake and or a high quality pellet like NLS. The artemia WILL cause bloat.

What were they eating before you got them? That is what you should have been feeding them until you can slowly transition (may take 2 weeks to a month) them to the food of your choice i.e. NLS or a high quality spirulina flake.

If you really want trophs give them their own tank or a tank that contains fish with similar dietary needs. Fronts and trophs dietary needs are completely opposite.

I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
639 Posts
jordanroda said:
Been there done that.
& the Trophs are gonna Nip the trailers off your Fronts.
Your Fronts wont have nice long trailers. :-?
What were you feeding the tank? How long did the trophs last?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts