Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 gallon African mixed tank. I'm looking to add some size to my tank and notice lots of people keep fronts in their mixed community tanks. My tankmates get along great. Was wondering if adding a frontosa juvi would be safe. I do have 3 kribs in my tank as well which are about 4-4.5 inches The rest are 5-6 inch Africans. As well as 2 pictus 1 common pleco and a 2 inch Taiwan reef juvi. I was figuring to wait until my juvi Taiwan reef gets to 3 inches just to be safe. How does this sound? If not a front what else could give me a large show community fish?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was also thinking maybe a blue dolphin instead considering the size of fronts and they typically like to be in numbers not alone. What are your experience with these fish?

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
The three most asked questions about Frontosa

In a nutshell, frontosa need a 6' tank, and so do blue dolphins. The way I see it you have a choice, in something like a 90G you can either keep a variety of smaller fish, or you can do the 'wet pet' thing, and have just one huge fish like a Red Devil. You can't have both at the same time. In my personal opinion it is a lot more interesting to see a variety of compatible fish interact, then to have one lonely fish by itself. I reckon you made the right choice with your tank!

If you want a big fish, just wait for your common pleco to grow :lol:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good points. I can always wait for another day if I get a large tank. Just interested in maybe an extra large African to be the focal point of my tank. Are there rather large peaceful African peacocks / haps anyone could recommend that get about 8 or so inches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.