Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a chance to buy a 125 gal tk with 6 fronts(2m,4f 4 to 6 in).) 2 black calvus(1m,1f) 2 yellow calvus(unknown)and a 5 inch clown loach. fronts look to be stressed more black than blue. tank is relatively dirty. two hob filters that need to be tossed and 4 sponge filters. all for $450. good deal, bad deal, steer clear? have till sat to make up mind. please advise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Around were I live you'd have to pay about that for just the tank and stand. It all depends on how good of shape it is. Fish wise it wouldn't bother me if the fish were any good because I'd probably want to get rid of them and get my own from my own breeder.

·
2,088 Posts
Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me, even if you need to add filters.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Presumably the fronts are Burundi, and they should be the perfect breeding colony. From a pure business perspective, you could give that tank a good cleaning, run it with a bunch of big sponge filters, remove all the fish but the fronts, and start collecting fry within a few weeks. You'd have your $450 back in no time :thumb:

Oh, and in case you don't want the calvus, big calvus sell for big money!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wouldnt pay that for just tank and stand, what i wanted are the fish. around here the fronts that size are 50 to 75 per

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Mpimbwe are obviously more expensive than Burundi. Have they bred? Even if not, they might start once you give them better water quality. At any rate, it sounds like the deal is getting better and better. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts