Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend has about thirty 2"fry don't know what kind of frontosas but he has them in a 180 and the adults are huge.he told me i can i have as many as i want and i am thinking of 10 .i want to house them in my 360 gallon acrylic which i don't have set up yet.i want to do a community tank of peacock /haps and the frontosas. is this possible?what issues am i going to run into?

·
Registered
741 Posts
peacock will not be a good tankmates for fronts. hap may be ok but not sure.
i would get at least 2 dozens front if you can. that way, you can pick out the male as they grow.
unfortunately, its very difficult to have long term tankmates for fronts since they will eat anything that can fit in their mouth once they are fully grown.
but since they are juvies, this gives you about 2 years before you have to decide on what will stay with them. in the meantime, you can house them with lake tanganyika fishes that are not to aggresive, shares the same diet and ones that will not nip at their fins.
nice tank btw.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply he basically said i can have all 30 of them but i will take 12 and grow them out.i guess i can do a lake tang set up and set up a 90 for the peacocks.i currently have them in a 55 gallon tank upstairs.i have to do some remodeling in my basement in the future before i get the tank set up.i have another question though with the 360 ,it has two rectangle columns one on each side with three holes in each for returns and an overflow.what would be the best way to filter this monster?i have a white food grade 55 gallon drum that i was thinking of using for filtration.i used one for my koi pond outside with decent results.i plan on a mag drive pump but should have one side for the return and one side for the overflow?it looks like i would need some powerheads to push the water to the top in the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts