Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone can help me make sense of this. I made a DIY egg tumbler, from watching numerous videos on UTube. I stripped my female front two days ago and this morning they are all gone??? There are no holes in the mesh netting or anything. It's like they were never there. Last night the eggs were tumbling nice orange color and today there just gone. I am speechless. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
2,088 Posts
what else is in the tank with them?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If there are other fish in the tank and there is no buffer zone between the mesh the eggs tumble on and the other side where the fish are, the other tank residents could have sucked them through the mesh. A midnight snack. I had the same thing happen, even only with 1" juvies in the tank with them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately I had some multies in there with them and they must have sucked them through the mesh. Thanks for your help. Have you guys had any aggression problems with your adult fronts male. My male is terrorizing my females. 1m/6f. There fins are frayed and look pretty beat up. I had to move them out. I currently have them n a 100g. I will soon have a 220g to put them in

·
Registered
741 Posts
hes terrorizing them because hes trying to breed. dont separate or move them now.
you may ruin the harmony of the tank. if you have eggs, this means the male is doing hes job
and the females are breeding with him.
you should be able to add 1m2f in the 220g but make sure the beta is a bit smaller than the alpha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts