Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a general question. I read here that fronts eat both vegetarian and meaty foods. So *** been feeding my fronts a mix of frozen blod worms and flaked food. But some one also told today they feeding them food high in protein can make them sick?

also I give my malawi's the left over blood worms not very much. is that ok or should I stop.

thanks!

·
2,106 Posts
mine get NLS cichlid pellets and some tetra bits. Occasionally, they get a shrimp treat. Not sure I have ever heard of people feeding them bloodworms.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
NLS. I'd definitely not give the mbuna bloodworms. It can cause bloat. I've feed nothing but NLS to all my fish, the last few years. Easy and inexpensive(I buy in bulk), and they do well!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have fed a variety of foods to my wc moba colony over the last 6 years. I started feeding solely Hikari frozen foods..........mainly krill. I have fed frozen mysis and bloodworms as well, but used to feed these once every 1 to 2 weeks.

Over the last 3 years I have fed a mixture of NLS Thera A, Dainichi Ultima, Dainichi Supreme and Dainichi Color FX. I mix them altogether. My wc moba colony of 10 plus 7 small juvies eat approx 1 tablespoon of this mixture 1x daily. I even skip a feeding or 2 during the week.

I don't feed flake food as this can get pretty messy.

I feed my F1 moba fry NLS Thera A in the smallest .5mm pellet size 1x daily.

Hope this helps you and others.

·
Registered
61 Posts
NLS as the staple food, when they are smaller I also use spiralina flake, and mysis shrimp, once they get big enough then I start with Krill at least a couple days a week. If you order your NLS from Jehmco its not too expensive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
NLS! Some of ur LFS should sell whats called Freshwater Multi-Pack Frozen Fish Food. Gives four different varieties they r all a balanced nutrition with spirluna, with different proteins ect. Its my Zaire's Favorite. Hope this helps! Ps Brichardi's luv it too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts