Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really enjoy fish tank's. I just bought a 10 gallon about three weeks ago. Before this new fish tank,I had a 5 gallon octagon, that was my little brothers, it was in horible shape. I had a white red zebra from Walmart it was one and half inches long when I bought it, when it died it was about four inches long,it was probobly about 4 years old. I enjoy this hobby because fish are beautiful to stand there and look at and I can afford them on my disability income. Its lots of fun and I plan on breeding one day and actully having my own my own buisness. :dancing:

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
Try shell dwellers from Lake Tanganyika. You can have more than one in a 10G tank and the fish are better suited to the small tank than a red zebra. This time I bet your fish will enjoy a long life of 8 years or more. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Find a local cichlid keeping club and go second hand auctions etc. To get tanks or local adverts.
I managed to pic up one of my 64"x16"x16" Tropheus tanks for no money what so ever from a local advert.
I keep mine on a very low budget.
Far better than giving your money to chains interested only in making money.
Yep Tang shellys is the way to go for small tanks on a budget. :thumb:
Even Metriaclima lanisticola the smallest Malawi needs tanks of 29g for good breeding success and long life.

All the best James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts