Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been feeding my cichlids New Life Spectrum since starting up a few months ago. The pet shop I was dealing with pushed that food like it was the best thing since sliced bread. After the store was recently robbed at gun point with shots fired.....umm Let's just say Im not DYING to go back there for a half off food refill. Any other suggestions on a good quality food can try? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
lightning usually doesn't strike in the same place... I'd go back to the shop, personally... otherwise, just about any high quality pellet food is good enough for cichlids.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My convicts seem to prefer Hikari pellets and tetra cichlid sticks. I also have NLS, but my fish usually just spit it out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My LFS gave me ocean nutrition cichlid veggie pellets its really high in spirulina and immune boosters and it leaves behind virtually no waste in the tank. they had a bunch of different kind formulated for different cichlids needs and different sizes.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just remember your second amendment, and go get some half off food.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Elijah said:
My convicts seem to prefer Hikari pellets and tetra cichlid sticks. I also have NLS, but my fish usually just spit it out.
It's because they're not used to them. I'm sure if I fed mine Hikari pellets and tetra cichild sticks they'd probably spit those out. It can take a bit for them to get used to new food.

But to thisweekskick just find a good quality pellet and go with it. Or order online.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
thisweekskick said:
I've been feeding my cichlids New Life Spectrum since starting up a few months ago. The pet shop I was dealing with pushed that food like it was the best thing since sliced bread. After the store was recently robbed at gun point with shots fired.....umm Let's just say Im not DYING to go back there for a half off food refill. Any other suggestions on a good quality food can try? Thanks.
Most importantly, who knocks over a non-chain pet store? Most stores aren't exactly rolling in money.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just bought Hikari Massivore, and I have to cut each tablet in half with a pill cutter, so my cons can finish it. Ever since I learned that NLS was made in the USA, I am interested in switching to that, I am proud to throw my hard-earned money behind a company in the US that makes its own products. I think I will start introducing NLS very slowly, as not to abruptly change their diet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts