Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Eureka that will not eat NLS pellets. Just spits them back out. Has not since eaten it since I got him about 2 months ago. He WILL eat Spirulina, which i give all of them a couple of times a week. Can he survive on Spirulina. The others eating both fine. Should I supplement with something else to be sure he gets what he needs? Thanks for any advice?

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
What food are you feeding for spirulina? Evaluate the ingredients, it likely has enough for him to survive on it, but you should verify.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Spirulina ingredients start with Salmon, fish meal, Spirulina Algae meal.... So I guess it has the protean from the fish that is needed.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Sounds good. I mean fish meal does not sound good, but your peacock is getting protein from the salmon at least.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a couple that get a little testy when I give them Spirulina, they look at me like what is this.
All my Peacocks and Haps eat NLS pellets, I soak them for 5 to 10 minutes first.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
All my fish period eat NLS pellets and have been for 14 years with one side trip to Northfin. No soaking here.

·
Registered
170 Posts
*** been using kens fish super color 3mm pellets for all my haps and peacocks for probably 10 yrs or so. Similar to nls but cheaper in bulk.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts