Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to NOT make your fish associate you with food? I like watching them when they are doing their own thing, but I don't always have the time to sit and wait ten to twenty minutes for them to stop swimming to the top waiting for food.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have you tried playing the guitar and singing "you aint nothin but a hownd dawg" to them? :p

On second thawt, if I did that they would either hide or die of bloat. Forget I suggested it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
i had this problem with my sa group but then started using the same bright orange cup to put there food in first. They now associate that with food and not me. Its great for watching them behave naturally but it also hurts knowing they love a cup more than me :( lol.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Try feeding at the same time of day every day. And, as other have said, with the same color container. That’s how I do it and the only time mine beg for food is right around â€Å"dinnerâ€Â

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad I am not the only one who tries to avoid it. I will try to feed at the same time and use the NLS container as you guys suggested.

I would worry too much about automatic feeders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts