Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Fontosa & Moori Mix

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  cichlidgirl1 
#1 ·
Hi guys this is my 1st post here and wanted to know what you guys thought about mixing these two amzingly butiful fish together has it been done succesfully by any one here.The tank would be the tank will be 110 imp gal and wanted to know if it is possible how many of each, i hope it can be done thanks

A b s T r a c T

#3 ·
When you say Moori,do you mean C.Moori (Blue Dolphins)?
I have kept a breeding group of 3 female and 2 male Dolphins in with my Fronts and had no problems at all. One of the female dolphins did spawn but ended up swallowing her eggs and I found that strange because it wasnt her first time. I have since removed them and the Dolphins are in thier own tank now and she is holding again (1.5 weeks now). The Frontosas and Dolphins got along great in the tank together. I guess it all depends on the fish. What may of worked for me doesnt mean it will work for everyone..Trial and error!!

#5 ·
thanks guys this helps alot like frontsrock said its trial and error i hope it will work for me could you guys point me in the right direction on stock numbers? please, and if they do spawn i have a 40gal for the moori / Frontosa but thay might not spawn,are thay dificult to spawn them? i have bred discuss and lots of other mbuna but never a fish so big
:thumb:
A b s T r a c T

#6 ·
A b s T r a c T said:
thanks guys this helps alot like frontsrock said its trial and error i hope it will work for me could you guys point me in the right direction on stock numbers? please
:thumb:
A b s T r a c T
Depends on what you want to do?? Are you going to breed the Fronts and Dolphins? If your getting fry,I would get about 10 of each and as they grow, cull the unwanted ones(Males) and keep 1 male for every 3-4 females... Thats just my opinion!!

#8 ·
thanks CG1 but how many of each species could i get away with

Fronts 1:3
Moori 1:3

is that ok,i have no plans on breeding them but if thay do it would be a graet bonus as thay grow i might try bring the mooris down to a pair to see if i can breed the fronts but all in all i just want a nice tank and some nice fish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.