Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the links! So it looks like they're separate fish. Are you keeping any yourself Jolly Cichlids?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a reverse trio of foai Kabogo blue. My dom male is only around 3.5" but showing good color. I've been looking to buy more females for months now but there haven't been many around.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine are almost 3 inches and some are just starting to show a hint of blue. I got them from reserve stock cichlids, but it looks like Doug is out of them. Got any pics of what I can expect them to look like? Funny thing is, there's not much on the internet about them. I see furcifer kabogo, and thought it was the same as foai kabogo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine from Out of Africa, who uses the same photos as RSC (others use them too, I've always wondered who these pics belonged to originally...the exporter?) so our fish are probably from the same parents.

I had a nice group until I tragically lost several to a freak bloat attack. You're right though there isn't much info or pics out there. It's really hard to take photos of my male but I'll try to get a video. He's just starting to build his first (small) bowers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
dkimtonf said:
thanks for the links! So it looks like they're separate fish. Are you keeping any yourself Jolly Cichlids?
I just keep furcifer ruziba, foai sibwesa and foai cape nundo. micro what are you feeding your featherfins, i just feed mine flake as i find they digest and excrete this the easiest. I have never had a case of bloat doing this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks micr0! Looks like we all have the same line of foai kabogo. Wouldn't it be funny if we just have one person's line bred fish? The pic actually looks like furcifer ruziba. I'll have to wait and grow them out and see what happens.

Jolly, I feed mine New Life Spectrum and Dainichi pellets. Furcifer/Foai eat well. I had some ruziba that ate well, but seemed to take forever to get some size on them. I haven't had to many problems with bloat. They've only bloated on me when I did something stupid to the water, like play around with the parameters.

Yall might cringe when you hear this, but lately I've also been throwing in Hikari Carnivore pellets to feed them. I've been trying to get them to grow faster. Everyone in the tank makes a bee-line for the Carnivore pellets, but the foai swallow them whole and go munching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts