Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm in the market to replace my Emperor 400 filter on my 65 tall tank, I was reading around a bit and I don't see an issue with the filter being 'overqualified' for the tank in terms of GPH/LPH since I should be looking for a minimum of 330 GPH if I'm correct. I'm more concerned with the dimensions of the tank. However if i'm wrong in terms of the flow rate, definitely let me know.

Currently the cabinet under my tank has more than enough width/depth, I'm concerned with height on the filter including the connections/hoses. I have 18 inches height on the compartment (no center brace in front), would the FX4 fit?

Aside from that question, if I can find a good deal on the FX4, would that be the preferred filter?

Thanks in advance, everyone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
FX4 will fit into 18in height. Its gonna be tight. Its 17in to the top of the quick connect valves, including the rubber connector that is permanently attached to the ribbed hosing. The hoses are very flexible, so I am fairly certain that you can fit an FX4 without crimping the hoses. Its a great filter, will serve a 65g very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.