Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well you can get it online for 150 brand new from what I could see. If the used one needs any new parts (impeller, shaft, media) you might be paying about the same price as a brand new one.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I got mine for $40, was listed at 75, but they didnt have the hoses. So i talked them down to 40 and they through in a Maxi jet 1200 with it. If it doesnt look brand new inside and out for that price i would prob spend the extra 50 and get a new one online.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone. i will look for something else.
xxbenjamminxx, i currently also have a maxi jet 1200. just curious, do you use a sponge filter on the intake? i use one on my tank with my other filters and i really like it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
HONDO said:
thanks everyone. i will look for something else.
xxbenjamminxx, i currently also have a maxi jet 1200. just curious, do you use a sponge filter on the intake? i use one on my tank with my other filters and i really like it.
When I did use it in my tank I did put a piece of pre-filter foam for the Aqua Clear 50 with a hole in it as a pre filter and it worked great. Only thing I didnt like about it was it seemed to blow my sand around a bit too much for my liking. Now I use Koralia water circulators in my tank and use the maxi jet to pump water in and out of my fry tanks since they are under my stand making the siphon pretty slow after a few inches of water are taken out.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually put a short piece of tubing and male threaded adapter on it and then a threaded female PVC elbow as the output. pretty cool, its versitile and movable and it can point towards the water surface or down to the gravel to keep jumk from settling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts