Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently obtained a fluval 404 i know a bit old but very good condition and it was in the package for the 90 gallon tank i got. I set it up and it was running the first night, nice and quiet, a good flow, was great, until the morning it stopped running for some apparent reason. i got it up and running again, running for a good 8 hours, when i came back into my apartment it literally stopped pumping right in front of me. i took a look at the magnet looks very clean to me. What could be the cause of this? Any help would be appreciated.

G

·
i have a 405 and it runs fine till i turn it off.. then it doesnt want to start again.. i give it a couple good hard smacks and it starts again.. you probly have gunk in the impellor... clean out the impellor or smack it a few times.. i think hagen has a lifetime warranty.. the girl at the LFS said if anything on it breaks go there and they order the parts for it for free... and everyone on here says they have a really good warranty i suppose thats what they are referring to

·
2,096 Posts
After running 404's for many years-you should replace the impeller and the impeller well cover. Be aware that there are two versions of each for the 404, depending on when yours was built. Look at the build date on the sticker, then contact Hagen/Fluval to ensure you get the correct parts for it.

*Do not simply replace with the same parts that are on the filter now without checking with Hagen/Fluval first*

Does the motor still run when you lose flow?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts