Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this flowerhorn and had to decide between two juveniles that were left. This one was bigger than the other and brighter colors along with being a bit more aggressive. He might even have a mini hump already forming I think. Can someone please help me tell if he is male or female? Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
It's pretty small, sort of looks like a dark spot starting to form on the dorsal fin but sorta not, may just be stress. Let it get settled and take another pic.

That being said, I REALLY hope you aren't actually adding a flowerhorn to a tank with angelfish???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it was from stress because the body was a lighter color I will post another pic now that the fish is settled in the tank. I plan on taking it out once it gets a little bigger. I have other cichlids in the tank the same size and the angel fish keep them in check. Crazy I know...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Please do your research. You can NOT keep a flowerhorn in with angelfish. They are going to get slaughtered. Even at that small size, once the flowerhorn gets settled, they're in serious trouble. Why would you subject your angelfish to that?

Nuchal hump is not in any way an indicator of sex. But no, I'd say that looks like a standard juvenile flowerhorn forehead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts