Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tKen over Ll of my brothers aquariums . The lighti g is all flourescent fixtures. I did pick up a Current USA LED Plus 48" for one of the 75's. Its seems like a decent unot but there is one 48" strip light I am using on my 75g Kasakalawe tank. The bulb is a F40 t 12 size Triton bulb. Pretty sure they are out pf business. I was digging around to find specs for a replacement. The fish look beautiful under whatever spectrum this bulb is. Its a very warm color spectrum I think. I was able to find a spec that said this bulb was 5700k. It has almost a pinkish tone to it so I doubt it was a freshwater lamp. Whatever it is the trophs look was better under this bulb than the LED's. Anyone remember these triton bulbs? I really want to get this color again but there is so much that I do not know about lighting colors and rare earth gas and all that mumbo jumbo ! Just want to find a nice lamp. I know t12's are dinosaurs but so am I ! Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Look for 5000K or 6500K tubes from Philips or one of the other major manufacturers. Uou can probably still find them in the big box stores at reasonable prices. I prefer the less blue 5000K tubes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts