Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best to use floating or sinking pellets for all male peacock and hap 75 gal tank. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I like sinking. They never hit the bottom, the fish get them first. I am not aware of any high quality foods that are floating pellets?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using hikari cichlid gold ATM and it says on package " floating type" what food do you use/recomend for Africans?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I use "sinking". Because it moves, the fish go after it more.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I used nls cichlids sinking in my male peacock / hap tank.

It's cool to watch them sift sand when they scoop the pellets off of the sand

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does NLS offer different size pellets? And what size pellets would be ideal for a 3" cichlid

·
Registered
641 Posts
Jread002 said:
I'm using hikari cichlid gold ATM and it says on package " floating type" what food do you use/recomend for Africans?
I use mostly Northfin and some New Life Spectrum since I heard they are two of the best quality pellets. I stay away from all the cheap brands carried by the local pet stores here where I live. I suppose my fish would survive on the cheap foods but I just feel better about feeding them the foods I've heard recommended.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I used 1mm pellets for fish up to seven inches.

I did have an 8 inch fish that I tried 2mm pellets for...I think he might have been partially blind.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I mix them up floaters and sinkers. I use a feeder that I push the button and get for the most part the same amount every time. At this point there large pellets and can eat more then I will give them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
NLS Cichlid Formula 1mm sinking pellets are the best!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts